Saturday, August 27, 2011

Midget Redemption



I feel really bad for midgets. I hate making jokes about midgets because I always feel like shit afterward just because I know they are the but of everyone's joke and they really get the short end of the stick.


Not cool. Whenever I see little people on television or in films, I always notice (no pun intended) that they get really small roles and in these roles, its typically mandatory for them to dress up in some sort of embarrassing costume that has to do with their height like oompa-loompas or trolls from Harry Potter.

Honestly, I think it would be really fun to go drive out to Hollywood and post a Casting Call on Craigslist for 'Respectable Film Roll for Little Person Wanted'. Then just kind of wait around for the millions of midget head-shots I would get via E-Mail. And you know what? I would set up an interview with every single one of the little mother fuckers. I'd even bang out a legit script, something lifetimey, probably a film about a little girl with cancer and her Hospital room mate is a little person with dimentia.

Then I would give each of them a respectable amount of time to read the script to me with intensity and ingenuity and I would totally lead all of them on to believe that I would be calling them back for a second audition. Of course I'm not a casting director and of course the adventures of little cancer Susy and confused Mike will never be seen on network television but at least I can go to bed at night knowing I made a couple hundred tiny actors feel respected.

18 clueless comments:

Would be nice to see a midget in role that didn't focus on their height.

The dressing up part is what really annoys me... seriously hollywood?

There was a Troma movie with a midget as the mother in law and it was respectible (she then played the midget lady who gets killed in the toxic avenger) and then there is always that midget on seinfeld who had a roll which was good!

I hate making jokes about midgets because I always feel like shit afterward just because I know they are the but of everyone's joke and they really get the short end of the stick.
I’ve always felt it was OK to make little jokes about dwarves

a film about a little girl with cancer and her Hospital room mate is a little person with dementia
That sounds like a bit of a tall story to me….which is really nice of you, helping the little fellows grow in stature

I've been watching Pitboss lately about a pitbull rescue centre. It's not a bad show.

Actually the picture you have at the top there looks like a crowd of dwarves, not midgets. There's a difference.

great post
i like your blog (:
+follow

But they would probably feel bad if they're not being called at the end :<

I think its time that they made a serious movie about little people.

Really great blog. Like the way you write about things:) always with a little humor.

+following

Nobody would watch a show about a bunch of midgets. Don't get me wrong here, I'm not against the little ones but midgets are just not in the interest of the many.

Btw, I haven't visited in quite some time and I just can't help but notice how your blog's design have improved. Good job.

What about the little person on that D-lister Chelsea Handler's show? I mean she treats him with the utmost respect, right?

Do the midget from game of thrones similar to dr. house to you too?

I've never really been near to many midgets, so I really don't have any opinion on that matter

Nice thoughts! also, I like your blog!

Too poor midgets

+follow, followme ;)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More