Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday Movie Review: Rabbit Hole


So I saw another movie... It was purely 'meh'. Rabbit Hole explores the complicated relationship between a wife (Nicole Kidman) and a husband (Aaron Eckhart) whose child tragically died... LOL

Not only did their child die, but he dies in the most cliche way possible.

"YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE LET THE GATE OPEN" Hahahaha, funniest quote in a dogs age. So yeah, first off I guess I should comment on Nicole Kidman's face or at least what's left of it. Her face is pretty much frozen in 1998 which makes basically every expression she gives in this movie irrelevant. Honestly, I don't know how the hell her Australian ass got nominated for this flick. Nicole Kidman, would you like to comment?


AAHHHHHHHHH!!!! Take it away, take it away! That's basically how I felt the whole movie every time she appeared on the screen.

So in the movie, Nicole Kidman starts to follow this teenage kid which lead me to believe that she had a fetish for comic book nerd/MILF scenarios but it just turns out that she's following the kid that ran over her child. OH! TOTALLY NORMAL! Seriously, the movie was pretty good at first but then it just took a hard left turn into what-the-fuck-ville. Nicole Kidman sure does love her kid killers.

Oh! I totally forgot to mention, we get to see the Asian chick from Grey's Anatomy get high with Two Face from Batman! It was hilarious and they totally laughed at this fat guy whose daughter died from leukhemia. HAHA! CHUBBY MISSES HIS DAUGHTER! Boy, was that a riot.


Assholes. Haha.

Also, I'm getting really sick of the "reasonable but pessimistic mom" character. It's pretty much every character on tv and film now. I get it women, YOU'RE PROGRESSING IN SOCIETY. Now stop showing off your awesome boobs in pant suits and move on with your lives. Here's a list of characters EXACTLY like Nicole Kidman's character in Rabbit Hole, i.e. a distraught mom who is both strong yet flawed.

- Every woman from Desperate Housewives.
- Nancy Botwin from Weeds.
- Patty Hewes from Damages.
- Kate from Lost.
- Nurse Jackie from Nurse Jackie.
- Carmela Soprano from The Sopranos.
- Oprah Winfrey of The Oprah Winfrey Show.
- That one lady from that one show where she has cancer and turns her life around. (The show is so shitty that I can't even remember the name of it).

You guys get the point, be creative Hollywood and stop dishing out these sad eyed moms on my television!



12 clueless comments:

HAH! CHILD DEATH! :D

i've never even heard of this movie

MY GOD i didnt know Skeletor had a sister

This looks like a pretty good movie. Downloading it now, actually.

i'll check it out! thanks for sharing

ive got it sitting in my stack...lol

Although I completely get your point, I just have to say, that if I had awesome boobs, I'd totally be showing them off in a pantsuit...or a short skirt.

When you said the reasonable but pessimistic mom thing, Nancy Botwin instantly came to mind. It didn't bother me until the later seasons, but i really think she should just stfu, or get shot in the face already.

I don't think I will be watching this :)

thanks for the review. didn´t knew about that movie.

I saw a trailer of this a while back... looked too cliche. I guess your review proves me right!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More