Thursday, April 21, 2011

Advertised Songs, Vol. 1

As you know, advertisers are always looking for new and creative ways to shove product placement down our throats in every day lives. It's on the internet, on our phones, in our mail boxes and someday they will be in OUR BRAINS... Jk (I hope).

So here's a few of some classic songs I thought would be a pretty good selection for a bit of advertisement tweaking.


Original: Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar On Me

Advertised: Def Leppard - Pour Some Splenda On Me


Def Leppard is kind of old and tired and who else is old and tired? That's right... old people. And what do old people love? That's right... splenda. Check and mate.


Original: The Beatles' Masterpiece album Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

Advertised: Dr. Pepper's Lonely Hartz Chicken Club Band

Bam! Advertised! Take the greatest album of all time and throw some Dr. Pepper and Hartz chicken into the mix and what do you get? The same album but just alot more gas...




Original: Radiohead - Paranoid Android

Advertised: Radiohead - Verizon Android


Wow! Everyone knows the 90s classic was about the phone that would come out more than a decade later. DROID out!



10 clueless comments:

POUR SOME SUGAR ON MEEEEEEEE!

i'd buy all of those things

....if i had money

Haha. Made me chuckle. I like the splenda one.

Product placement is so awkward and forced! Come check me out, alphabetalife.blogspot.com

I agree with mr colin! Give me the money and I will buy right now!

Verizon Android :)

You should read about Mobys Latest Purchase if you have some free time. I am a very dedicated follower! :)

they´ll do anything to get into our minds grrrr

lol pour some splenda on me...and you'll stay thin and attractive too.

Product placement is very often way too obvious, it's actually annoying because it takes away from whatever it is, be it a film or music video etc.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More